- 100g butter
- 170g caster sugar
- 1 medium egg
- dash vanilla essence
- pinch salt
- 200g plain flour
- 1 jar of Moran's strawberry jam
- Icing sugar to decorate
- In a mixing bowl, cream the room-temperature butter and caster sugar together until pale in colour.
- Add the egg and vanilla and combine.
- To this add in the sieved flour and salt and mix.
- Turn this dough out onto a floured surface and shape into a ball.
- Wrap this in clingfilm and chill for 25 minutes.
- Once rested, roll out on a floured work surface about 5mm in thickness and cut out 28 discs using a 7cm snowflake cutter. Taking a smaller snowflake cutter, cut this shape into the center of half your biscuits.
- Place them on two lined baking sheets and return to the fridge to rest for a further 20 minutes. This ensures they keep their shape while baking.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C / 160°C Fan / Gas 4
- Take from the fridge and place directly in the oven and bake for about 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove and allow to cool.
- Dust the 14 cookies with the hole in the centre with icing sugar and set aside.
- Once cooled, spread some Moran's strawberry jam onto the base cookie and top with the icing sugar-dusted snowflake cookie and sandwich them together.