- 120g soft butter
- 200g caster sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 300g plain flour
- pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 15 large marshmallows
- 200g Moran's Rhubarb & Sling Shot Gin jam
- 500g melted dark chocolate
- For the biscuits, in a bowl cream the butter and sugar together until soft and pale in colour.
- To this add the egg and vanilla and mix.
- Sieve the flour, salt and baking powder and add to the above mix.
- Continue to mix until a dough is reached. Form a ball with your hands and roll on a lightly floured work surface to about 5mm thick.
- Using a 7cm round cutter cut out 30 discs. Place these on two baking trays lined with parchment paper. These will spread while baking so leave some room between them.
- They go into a preheated oven set at 180C / 160C fan and bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- While these are baking take the large marshmallows and use a rolling pin to flatten out as best you can.
- Once the cookies are baked, remove and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Spread some of the Moran's Rhubarb & Sling Shot Gin jam on the base of each cookie and sandwich together with the marshmallow in the center.
- Put in the fridge to firm up for 30 minutes.
- In a bowl over a pot of gently simmering water, slowly melt the chocolate until soft and shiny. (Use a good quality 60% plus chocolate)
- Carefully dip the cookies in the melted chocolate and using a fork you can turn it over to cover the sides. Repeat with all of the cookies.
- Place on a lined baking sheet to firm up and simply enjoy.