Prep: 25mins (not inc proving time)
Cook: 5-10 mins
- 300g strong flour
- 35g caster sugar
- 1 tsp fast acting dried yeast
- Pinch salt
- 165ml milk
- 65g butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 x 340g Moran’s Blackcurrant & Guinness Jam
- 1 litre vegetable oil for frying
- 300g caster sugar for dusting
- Into the bowl of the stand mixer fitted with the dough hook attachment, add the flour, sugar, salt, yeast, milk, melted butter and egg.
- Mix for 8-10 minutes until smooth and elastic.
- Remove dough and place into a greased bowl, cover and prove until doubled in size.
- Once proved, turn the dough out onto a floured work surface and knead to knock back.
- Divide the dough into 10 pieces, roll into balls and place on a lined tray.
- Cover and prove for another 30 mins.
- Heat the oil in your fryer/pan to 180C.
- Carefully place the doughnuts in the hot oil, cooking in batches to keep the oil hot.
- Cook on each side for approx. one minute, remove, drain on kitchen paper and gently toss in caster sugar.
- While cooling, fill a piping bag with the Moran’s Blackcurrant & Guinness Jam and fill the centre of each doughnut.